Saturday 20 April 2013

Biking in Borneo

After snowy Sherwood, going to 30 degree Borneo was a bit of a shock! With Wheal Maid coming up my dad and I wanted to get some riding done whilst we were away. So we got in touch with Steve from 'Bike Borneo' and organised a 5 hour ride. 


The day started off when my dad and I got picked up from where we were staying at 8.30am. We then got driven to half way up the mountain. Then Steve, my dad and I started our trip down to 'Bike Borneo's container. During the day we went over numerous swinging bridges, which my dad didn't really get used to!
After cycling through the jungle, along exciting mountain roads, even an over confident dog that may have had a little nip at my dad,we then stopped for lunch in a little village for a lovely lunch of chicken noodles. When we had finished we then continued our journey back to the container and cycled through even more jungle! As we neared our finish we stopped off at the adventure centre that Steve even helped to build! We then continued and travelled over our last swinging bridge back to the container. 
Thank you to Steve and Bike Borneo for taking me and my dad on an amazing ride that I will never forget and I hope we go back to Borneo and go on more great rides. :)  http://www.bikeborneo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment